Today, wireless communications devices affect most aspects of our lives. Wireless technology allows us to watch our favourite television programmes, use a mobile phone, remotely lock the car or use satellite navigation to get us to our destination. The tremendous growth in the use of Bluetooth to connect electronic devices and the use of Wi-Fi technology to facilitate connection to the internet shows the popularity and usefulness of wireless communications.
All wireless devices and services transmit and receive information using the radio spectrum. This finite resource must be carefully managed and coordinated, both nationally and internationally, to ensure that competing applications do not interfere with each others’ operation.
ERA’s Radio Frequency (RF) group provides a range of consultancy services for regulators and operators to help ensure that wireless technologies operate in an interference free environment and provide the intended quality of service. These include measurements and modelling to support spectrum management and regulation, coverage and planning analysis, and performance / compliance testing.
ERA’s state of the art RF Facilities
- Dedicated lab facilities (including two screened rooms and a fully anechoic room) with measurement capabilities from 3 Hz to 40 GHz
- Land Rover survey vehicle with telescopic mast capable of extending to 16m in height
- Computer simulation tools that allow a wide range of scenarios to be studied
- Wide range of propagation models to allow both indoor and outdoor scenarios to be modelled
- Detailed terrain and clutter data can be taken into account
Specific RF consultancy services
- Spectrum Management and Regulation
- Coverage Planning and Analysis
- Performance and Compliance Testing
Print This Page