Graduate Power Systems Engineer
We looking for two Graduate Power Systems Engineer to join an established team. In this role you will build upon your existing theoretical and academic knowledge and develop the necessary skills to contribute to the work of a highly skilled Power Systems Engineering Team. So if you have already graduated, apply now and if you graduate in 2013 go to our Graduate Application Process Page and submit your application.
Main role and responsibilities:
- To become proficient in the use of power systems tools
- To collect data and work under the instruction of a senior engineer to build Power Systems models and conduct analysis typically in the fields of load flow, fault study, protection analysis, arc flash study, harmonic penetration, and transient stability.
- To develop a knowledge and understanding of ERA business processes in order to assist in the preparation of Commercial and Technical Proposals
- To develop the knowledge, technical thinking and analytical skills necessary to contribute to the preparation of Technical Reports
- Assist in the preparation of test equipment for site work which would typically be in the fields of power quality and earthing.
- Assist in the management of project tasks
- To undertake site based work typically for the purpose of relay protection audits, power quality measurements, earthing measurements, system response measurements, and equipment parameterisation.
- To develop report writing skills, paying attention to detail in order to produce written presentations of high quality
- Able to interact and communicate openly with others, beginning to build strong relationships with stakeholders and customers
- To become an effective and collaborative team member by sharing knowledge, learning and information
- To develop the skills to set priorities and work smart
- Through helpful and constructive behaviour work collaboratively to enhance the overall contribution of the department
- To be open to challenge, using creativity to think beyond the boundary
- To develop sound technical thinking and analytical problem solving skills to establish the accuracy and relevance of information
- To develop the technical skills, confidence and competence to work autonomously from time to time
- To demonstrate a self-motivated approach and a can do attitude – be driven to deliver technical excellence
- Strive to achieve openness and honesty in communication with clients and colleagues
Graduate engineers will be allocated a personal mentor and will be encouraged to work towards Chartered Engineer status through our accredited Graduate Development Scheme.
- To work with the Project Engineer to deliver on tasks required
- Ability to work under supervision and take instruction
- 2.1 and above degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognised university
- Higher Degree would be an advantage
- Experience of working in an electrical engineering environment (such as an internship or work placement experience)
- Driving Licence
- Required to travel to client sites in relation to the role
- Reasonable level of physical fitness to fulfil the site elements of the role
- ERA site – Leatherhead
If you wish to apply for our 2013 intake click start your application now.
Print This Page