Electrical Rotating Equipment Engineer
To make a significant contribution to an established Engineering Consultancy Group on a wide range of Industry, Utilities and Commerce related projects.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Uses well developed report writing skills, paying attention to detail in order to produce a written presentation of high quality
- Makes a highly effective and collaborative contribution to the team by sharing knowledge, learning and information OR
- Through helpful and constructive behaviour works collaboratively to enhance the overall contribution of the department
- Is open to challenge, using creativity to think beyond the boundary
- Utilises well developed technical thinking and analytical problem solving skills by establishing the accuracy and relevance of information
- Works autonomously and as part of a team, using own initiative whilst keeping colleagues and clients informed
- Priorities, works smart and demonstrates a high level of accountability
- Demonstrate a highly motivated approach and a can do attitude – driven to deliver technical excellence
- Highly professional in approach and strives to achieve openness and honesty in communication with clients and colleagues
- Continually develops skills, knowledge and expertise
- Receptive to client needs, with the ability to build an excellent rapport present yourself as a professional
- Results Orientation and Accountability, accepts responsibility for actions and deeds to ensure commitments are met and delivers on promises
- Mentoring and support of junior team members
- Makes decisions that support the goals of the company
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2.1 or above degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science. An MSc in Rotating Machines is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience working in a rotating machines design, testing, operation or maintenance environment (such as internship or work placement experience) would be an advantage
- The post requires regular contact with UK and overseas clients. The candidate must be fluent in English (written and spoken) and possess good communications skills.
- Chartered Engineer of a relevant institution (or necessary experience to achieve chartered status)
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a Rotating Engineering Environment
- Driving Licence
- Required to travel to client sites in relation to the role and work in a wide range of installations including banks, data centres, electrical distribution sub-stations, power stations and refineries.
- Reasonable level of physical fitness to fulfil the site elements of the role
- ERA site – Leatherhead or Bath, a home based role will be considered
- Graduate Development Scheme working towards Chartered Engineer Status
- 25 days holiday
- Salary Sacrifice Pension with 6% employers pension contribution
- Private Medical for family membership
- Life Assurance 3x salary
- Childcare Vouchers
- Buy/ Sell holidays
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter stating salary expectations and relevant experience to: Careers@era.co.uk. Please quote the following reference ERE2013.
Print This Page